Bordeline Personality Disorder

I am doing this blog in the hopes of helping people with "BPD" and to help family and friends and those who do not have BPD to perhaps understand us better. Also to learn from others at the same time. I am 36 years old and I was diagnosed with BPD about 2 years ago. I am fortunate enough to be in a fantastic treatment center for 2 years and i know that depending on where people live, many places do not have treatment at all. I will be sharing VERY PERSONAL information because i think it is important people understand and in the hopes that my story can help someone who has felt the same or went through similar experiences, hopefully they can relate. I would like to share experiences and things I have learned in therapy and hear people's stories and experiences. Please do not self diagnose yourself if you find you have many of the symptoms of Borderline personality disorder. I also am not a doctor or therapist so everything I post is from my own experiences and what I have learned so far about BPD. Everyone is welcome to share their stories, offer tips and such but if anyone is disrespectful I will remove your posts. I hope this will be a way to inform and help people including myself. Thank you

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Update

I thought i would give an update on my situation for anyone that has been reading my blog. Well first of all never would i have even imagined how hard it would be to get help for an addiction. There are only 2 places in Montreal that do a medical detox. The best one is at St Luc hospital and the second one is at a place called Le Cran. All rehabs in Montreal will not take me in unless I do a medical detox first. Now to get into st Luc if you don't have a doctor's referral the waiting list is about 2 to 3 months wait. If you have a doctor's referral the waiting time is about 2 weeks. So I thought ok no problem i will go see my Dr and she will give me a referral saying i need medical detox. Not so simple mu friends. My Dr refused saying it was not her responsibility after I pretty much was begging for help while cruing. I was really really shocked. That really discouraged me. I then started making calls everywhere even ibm NB and the waiting lists in other provinces are even longer. Then one night I had the idea to start calling all medical clinics in Montreal until i found one with a Dr willing to help. I can kind of understand how reluctant they are about giving me a refill of dilaudid to keep me going until i get into detox yet they all tell me do not stop this drug on your own...keep using its too dangerous. Kind of a catch 22. So on my I think 25 th call i found a clinic with a Dr willing to help me and give me a referral. He did not prescribe me dilaudid but he prescribed me Clonodine which is a drug to to help with the SEVERE withdrawls from getting off dilaudid. He told me to take 3 a day and every 2 or 3 days take one less dilaudid. I started yesterday with one dilaudid less and i was amazed at the results. The Clonodine makes me groggy and very very tired. And the withdrawal symptoms from dilaudid so far are really not too bad. I feel like I have a huge cold with aches and pains and very tired as i mentionned but that is it so far...so I plan on going as low as i can until i get into st Luc. I am really really surprised at how difficult it is to get help and how hard it is to find a Dr that will sign a simple referral saying my patient needs a medical detox. I van not imagine how hard it must be for a homeless drug addict person to get help! So that is my update and again thank you to all the people in my life helping me supporting me and not giving up on me. Thank you for reading me :)

2 comments:

  1. your much stronger than u know! You have more guts than more people I have ever met in my entire life! I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete