Bordeline Personality Disorder

I am doing this blog in the hopes of helping people with "BPD" and to help family and friends and those who do not have BPD to perhaps understand us better. Also to learn from others at the same time. I am 36 years old and I was diagnosed with BPD about 2 years ago. I am fortunate enough to be in a fantastic treatment center for 2 years and i know that depending on where people live, many places do not have treatment at all. I will be sharing VERY PERSONAL information because i think it is important people understand and in the hopes that my story can help someone who has felt the same or went through similar experiences, hopefully they can relate. I would like to share experiences and things I have learned in therapy and hear people's stories and experiences. Please do not self diagnose yourself if you find you have many of the symptoms of Borderline personality disorder. I also am not a doctor or therapist so everything I post is from my own experiences and what I have learned so far about BPD. Everyone is welcome to share their stories, offer tips and such but if anyone is disrespectful I will remove your posts. I hope this will be a way to inform and help people including myself. Thank you

Friday 14 October 2011

Little ways to help

When i have a panic attack, there are certain things i like to hear that usually calm me down, i thought i would share them perhaps it will help someone that has a close friend or family member that has bpd or panic attacks. When i panic, sometimes all i need to hear a few simple phrases, they are phrases i can tell myself as well, but sometimes i don't believe myself and it helps to hear from others. -This will pass, it always does, think of the last time you felt like this nothing hapenned. -You are a good person, things always have a way to work out. -You are not alone and never will be -You are not crazy Then sometimes the person i am talking to will start small chit chat, what they did that day, what they ate for supper or ask me simple questions like that. Always simple questions, even just like i said, what did you eat today, what time did you get up, did you watch tv, is the weather nice outside..nothing too deep or complicated. I find these little things often help me. I actually tell friends and family members ahead of time what to tell me and it does really help, someone that listens and takes a few minutes to say the following things. Everyone might want to hear different things, these are pretty general though. Thank you for reading me :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment