Bordeline Personality Disorder

I am doing this blog in the hopes of helping people with "BPD" and to help family and friends and those who do not have BPD to perhaps understand us better. Also to learn from others at the same time. I am 36 years old and I was diagnosed with BPD about 2 years ago. I am fortunate enough to be in a fantastic treatment center for 2 years and i know that depending on where people live, many places do not have treatment at all. I will be sharing VERY PERSONAL information because i think it is important people understand and in the hopes that my story can help someone who has felt the same or went through similar experiences, hopefully they can relate. I would like to share experiences and things I have learned in therapy and hear people's stories and experiences. Please do not self diagnose yourself if you find you have many of the symptoms of Borderline personality disorder. I also am not a doctor or therapist so everything I post is from my own experiences and what I have learned so far about BPD. Everyone is welcome to share their stories, offer tips and such but if anyone is disrespectful I will remove your posts. I hope this will be a way to inform and help people including myself. Thank you

Sunday 16 October 2011

How i am feeling the past few days or even weeks

Again this is hard for me to write but a lot of people have been telling me how much it helps them so here i go. As i said in previous post, i have become addicted to morphine that i was taking for back pain. Tomorrow i have an apointment with a nurse at a detox centre to get an evaluation. Unfortunately most rehab places that are free have a long waiting list and i could be stuck waiting as long as a month to get in which scares me a lot especially since i now do not have any therapy until march when i will resume my bpd therapy. The plan is to do detox then rehab. Then i will be in a programm called phase 2 of rehab for about 3 months, i think it is about 3 times a week and i will also be doing a cessation smoking programm at the same time to then restart bpd therapy in march. I feel like i have hit rock bottom in my life which I know is good in a way because i will be getting all the help i need but my mind does keep playing tricks on me. I often think wow i just turned 37 and never ever would i have thought i would be 37, divorced, no children, in therapy for a mental illness, waiting to go to detox and rehab, uncapable of working and managing money...not exactly a beautiful portrait. I know logically i should be telling myself that i asked for help and admitted to many problems and i am doing the best i can but my brain has a hard time believing it even though i am doing the right thing. I still feel like a big loser and a huge disapointment to family and close friends even though they don't say it. I am basically paranoid, lonely and feel like a really really bad person and have started to isolate myself for fear of being too much or annoying to others and have them leave me...i pray my wait to get into detox and rehab will not be long. Thank you for reading me :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment