Bordeline Personality Disorder

I am doing this blog in the hopes of helping people with "BPD" and to help family and friends and those who do not have BPD to perhaps understand us better. Also to learn from others at the same time. I am 36 years old and I was diagnosed with BPD about 2 years ago. I am fortunate enough to be in a fantastic treatment center for 2 years and i know that depending on where people live, many places do not have treatment at all. I will be sharing VERY PERSONAL information because i think it is important people understand and in the hopes that my story can help someone who has felt the same or went through similar experiences, hopefully they can relate. I would like to share experiences and things I have learned in therapy and hear people's stories and experiences. Please do not self diagnose yourself if you find you have many of the symptoms of Borderline personality disorder. I also am not a doctor or therapist so everything I post is from my own experiences and what I have learned so far about BPD. Everyone is welcome to share their stories, offer tips and such but if anyone is disrespectful I will remove your posts. I hope this will be a way to inform and help people including myself. Thank you

Tuesday 1 November 2011

YAY i am the happy winner of the St luc lottery!!!!

Well, if any of you read my blog entitles "concrete example of radical acceptance", you will know that today was the day i had to call at 9 am to try and get an apointment at st luc hospital for my detox. They take 8 people only each month and hundreds of people start calling at 9am on the dot. If you are lucky enough to get through and be within the lucky 8, you get an apointment for november. If not you have to start over on the 1st of december and hope to be lucky then. Well i am very very happy to report i got through after redialing redialing and redialling at 906 and was withing the lucky 8. YAHOOOOO!!! I now have an apointment on the 25th of november. I will be there all day from 830 am til 4. They do a complete physical exam. They interviews so they can tailor a detox that fits my needs. Since i told them i do not want to detox using methadone, they will tailor a plan for me to detox without methadone. With methadone the detox is about 10 days since it weans you off alot quicker then without. But then you are stuck on methadone for quite a while it takes about 2 years to get off the methadone. I personally find it ridiculous to get off one drug just to be addicted to another. So i was told without the methadone i could be in the hospital for about 2 to 3 weeks, but honestly i am just so happy to finally be in and to get the help i need, they could keep me for a year for all i care hahah. So this goes well with my concrete example on my post concrete example of radical acceptance. I could have wasted my whole evening in panic and worry and sadness and anxiety last night FOR NOTHING. What a waste that would have been. And even if i had not gotten through and had not gotten an apointment then right now i would be working on another solution. RADICAL ACCEPTANCE ROCKS!!!! Thank you for reading a very happy me :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment