Bordeline Personality Disorder

I am doing this blog in the hopes of helping people with "BPD" and to help family and friends and those who do not have BPD to perhaps understand us better. Also to learn from others at the same time. I am 36 years old and I was diagnosed with BPD about 2 years ago. I am fortunate enough to be in a fantastic treatment center for 2 years and i know that depending on where people live, many places do not have treatment at all. I will be sharing VERY PERSONAL information because i think it is important people understand and in the hopes that my story can help someone who has felt the same or went through similar experiences, hopefully they can relate. I would like to share experiences and things I have learned in therapy and hear people's stories and experiences. Please do not self diagnose yourself if you find you have many of the symptoms of Borderline personality disorder. I also am not a doctor or therapist so everything I post is from my own experiences and what I have learned so far about BPD. Everyone is welcome to share their stories, offer tips and such but if anyone is disrespectful I will remove your posts. I hope this will be a way to inform and help people including myself. Thank you

Sunday 20 November 2011

bpd or bp or both?

Before i was diagnosed with bpd, i was diagnosed by 2 psychiatrist as having bipolar. When i applied to get into  the program i am in, they said they don't really believe in bipolar and do not take people that have bipolar and that they did not think i had it. So i went along with it. I was in for about 8 months before i stopped to do this detox thing and am supposed to resume therapy in march. I have realized with a  lot of time to think lately and from doing research on the internet that if i do have bipolar (which i am quite sure i have), well i now see it is very very important for me to have a clear diagnosis. If i just let it go and i do have bipolar then it will not be treated. I realize it's really important to know this, because if i do have it like i think and like 2 psychiatrist did, then i want to work on this mental issue as well. How can i get better if it's left untreated?


It also made me see that these days you really really have to be persistent with doctors and really know what you are talking about or you just get dismissed. Their are apparently a lot of misdiagnosed bpd and bp. They either think you have bpd when you actually bp or vice versa. Or do not see people like me that have both.

If you are like me and have doubts about being told different things from different doctors, i would not give up and just take their answer as if it is always the right answer, they too make mistakes. I know i will be pursuing this for sure.


Thank you for reading me :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment