Bordeline Personality Disorder

I am doing this blog in the hopes of helping people with "BPD" and to help family and friends and those who do not have BPD to perhaps understand us better. Also to learn from others at the same time. I am 36 years old and I was diagnosed with BPD about 2 years ago. I am fortunate enough to be in a fantastic treatment center for 2 years and i know that depending on where people live, many places do not have treatment at all. I will be sharing VERY PERSONAL information because i think it is important people understand and in the hopes that my story can help someone who has felt the same or went through similar experiences, hopefully they can relate. I would like to share experiences and things I have learned in therapy and hear people's stories and experiences. Please do not self diagnose yourself if you find you have many of the symptoms of Borderline personality disorder. I also am not a doctor or therapist so everything I post is from my own experiences and what I have learned so far about BPD. Everyone is welcome to share their stories, offer tips and such but if anyone is disrespectful I will remove your posts. I hope this will be a way to inform and help people including myself. Thank you

Thursday 8 September 2011

Toxic friends

The weird thing about BPD is that we are not stupid people AT ALL. Sometimes in a group meeting we go into deep conversations, and i take a a look back and think, i think some people would not be able to follow us. We are very intelligent and most of us see exactly what we are doing and how simple it seems and most of all how simple it probably seems to others to change what we do. Most of us know most of what we learn in therapy, not all of it especially the tricks and things like that. But we see what we do, we know we should change it and we don't. It is very very frustrating to get it all and see it all but not being able to apply to your lives. A huge part of me getting better was to get rid of some people in my life which was really really hard to do. As i started down this road of BPD i started realizing that i never really felt good around certain people. I was always trying to please them and could never me just ME. I was for some reason clinging on to these people. After a few months in therapy, i started realizing how i had let a lot of these people treat me without noticing. I am always preaching to others, "you teach people how to treat you", well i wasn't following my own words. So i ended up cutting a few people i really loved and still do out of my life, either because they were consuming too much or treating me in ways i didn't like. It was hard but what a difference in made in my life. It took out a lot of the stress. You may want to look around you and start noticing how you feel around certain friends or family members and see if they are good for you right now or not. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment