Bordeline Personality Disorder

I am doing this blog in the hopes of helping people with "BPD" and to help family and friends and those who do not have BPD to perhaps understand us better. Also to learn from others at the same time. I am 36 years old and I was diagnosed with BPD about 2 years ago. I am fortunate enough to be in a fantastic treatment center for 2 years and i know that depending on where people live, many places do not have treatment at all. I will be sharing VERY PERSONAL information because i think it is important people understand and in the hopes that my story can help someone who has felt the same or went through similar experiences, hopefully they can relate. I would like to share experiences and things I have learned in therapy and hear people's stories and experiences. Please do not self diagnose yourself if you find you have many of the symptoms of Borderline personality disorder. I also am not a doctor or therapist so everything I post is from my own experiences and what I have learned so far about BPD. Everyone is welcome to share their stories, offer tips and such but if anyone is disrespectful I will remove your posts. I hope this will be a way to inform and help people including myself. Thank you

Friday 23 September 2011

Our opinions do count...

Having BPD does not mean we are crazy at all. We may have issues, most people do. Ours are just bigger and need to be adressed since they prevent us from fonctioning happily and in a healthy way. Some people though will always see you this way unfortunatly and will never let go of the past and how you were and will stick to "this is how this person is". When having an argument sometimes, some people will not take into account my opinions of judgments and they will dismiss them saying ahhhh that's the BPD talking, your opinions don't count and are wrong because you are crazy. This can be extremely frustrating but try to stick to your opinions and judgments without changing them just to please someone. They may not like you, but its not important in the end. Being true to yourself is what matters and is what will keep you happy and proud of yourself :o)

1 comment:

  1. You couldn't have said it more clearly!!! Thank you Nac!

    ReplyDelete